|We produce laminate tubes from a multilayer structure laminate. The barrier layer is between the polyethylene layers. The barrier has two basic functions – it protects the product against external factors (e.g. oxygen), which may have a negative impact on the physicochemical properties of the product, and prevents excessive migration of substances outside the tube, i.e. reduces the loss of scent, color and other properties of the product. The barrier layer allows the product to last longer.
|Due to different types of the barrier layer, we can distinguish:
- PBL (Plastic Barrier Laminate) – laminate with a barrier layer – ethyl vinyl alcohol (EVOH).
It is usually used to protect products that should last longer. It limits the loss of aroma by the product and is most often used in the packaging of various cosmetics – incl. creams, gels or pastes.
- ABL (Aluminium Barrier Laminate) – laminate with a barrier layer in the form of aluminium.
The aluminium barrier provides the best barrier properties, therefore it is used to protect particularly sensitive and aggressive products against external factors (also against sunlight). It is most often used in pharmaceutical products.
|Laminate tubes parameters
- Diameter range: ⌀25, ⌀35, ⌀40 or ⌀50 [mm]
- Capacity range: 10-300 [ml]
- Types of heads – various shapes and dimensions depending on the client’s expectations
- Protecting the orifice in the shoulder – aluminium seal – aluminium foil membrane to protect the product before the first opening
- Tube caps – different colors, finish (glossy, matte), metallization available, hot-stamping (a strip around the circumference); on flip-top closures the possibility of using heat-shrinkable foil – a “sleeve”
- Types of tube caps – depending on the diameter and type of the shoulder
|Methods of decorating laminate tubes:
- Flexography (up to 8 colors) – colors from PANTONE® palette or full color printing with CMYK printing inks. Additionally, a choice of glossy, matte or spot varnish. Printing available on a white or transparent tube with possible underprint
- Cold-stamping – decoration of the tube with gold or silver foil. Perfect for specifying, for example, the manufacturer’s logos
- Labelling (up to 8 colors + varnish + cold-stamping) – the method of decorating the tube by sticking a preprinted label onto it.
|Laminate tubes ECO:
- Laminate tubes with reduced thickness
Thicker laminate to reduce the amount of plastics in packaging.
- Laminate tubes with PIR (Post-Industrial Recycled) content
PE laminate with the content of raw material from industrial waste (19-25% w/w PIR in the laminate). Thanks to this solution, we reduce the carbon footprint by using recycled materials.
- Mono-material tubes
Mono-material tubes contain a tube, a shoulder and a closure made of the same type of material. As a result, the recycling of the packaging is easier. In the case of laminate tubes, polyethylene or polypropylene may be the common material for all tube components.